Listen on iTunes or stream above!
In this episode of the Beastified! podcast. Amy Clover Joins us, she has battled her own demons, and won. Now she helps other people take back the power to fight their own demons through fitness and positive action. Amy is the founder of StrongInsideOut.com. When you talk to Amy, she seems like the epitome of strength, endurance, and physical health. She’s also funny and upbeat. You’d never guess that just 8 years ago she was ready to end her life. She was struggling with depression and OCD, and when she was put into a psychiatric hospital against her will, she knew she had to get back in the driver’s seat. Then she stumbled into fitness– and finally felt in control. The message that Amy put across in this interview was so inspiring and empowering. We think you are going to love this episode, get ready to be inspired .
- Amy's battles with depression
- What changed for her?
- Had fitness been a part of her life before or did Amy just seek it out?
- Keep searching out for something you love?
- How can some really take that 1ststep ?
- How do you empower yourself daily so you don’t fall down the same trap?
- Is fear the main factor behind peoples resistance to change.?
- The role of medication in fighting depression ?.
- What is the mental response going on when you work out, when you push yourself?
- How can someone empower themselves, and push forward?
- How do you help someone get out of that dark place?
- The three changes someone can do right away ?
- How can you change a mindset which is so destructive in its own making to see what potential you have?
Each week after the podcast we ask the guest for a quick small challenge so that you can take action right away in your life, why not try this out could be a game changer:
- Challenge: Focus on being aware of your automatic negative thoughts. When do they come up? Does someone trigger them in you? Do you tend to have them in a certain place? The first step to changing your thoughts is becoming aware of them.
This will be an eye-opening experiment. When you do this Challenge, please post a comment or email to let us know how it went.
Typical Morning Routine :Pee, meditate, connect with my husband over coffee, THEN open my computer to work.
Most Influential Person: Steve Kamb from NerdFitness.com. He was a huge reason why I started Strong Inside Out at all.
Inspirational Quote:"The purpose of life is to live it." – Eleanor Roosevelt
Influential Books or Reads: A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle, May Cause Miracles by Gabrielle Bernstein, and Women, Food & God by Geneen Roth
CONNECT WITH AMY:
Special thanks to Marcus Warner for podcast intro and outro If Elephants Could Fly connect with Marcus at his website marcuswarnermusic.com Please check out his amazing work such a talented young Composer
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST:
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Bookmark & Use the Amazon Banner Ad: Click through to Amazon via our Amazon banner ad (below and on the main podcast page) for all your Amazon purchases. Won’t cost you a penny extra on any purchases but will throw some loose commission change from Amazon our way, which help the podcast. Wanna make it even easier to support? Just bookmark the Amazon banner affiliate url link to your browser toolbar – then every time you click to go to Amazon you can feel great for supporting what we are doing.
THANKS FOR LISTENING:
We would really appreciate it if you could leave a rating and review on iTunes. It helps the podcast and will also help us improve quality and continue to bring on amazing guests!
New Podcast Every Wednesday!
If you liked this post Please Share It With Your Friends, And You Never Know It Might Just Change Somebody Else's Life. Together we can make the world a healthier place!