Listern on ITunes or stream above!
In this episode of the Beastified! podcast, Light Watkins joins us for a mindful and powerful conversation on The Inner Gym and How to Train your consciousness and how you can apply the concepts to your life.
First, let’s get the obvious out of the way. Light Watkins is pretty much the coolest name ever. Right?
Light has been operating in the meditation space for over 15 years. He travels the world teaching everyone from bankers, artists, and politicians, to CEOs, care takers, and comedians how to meditate in a self-sufficient way. He's personally taught meditation to close to 2,000 people. Light is also author of The Inner Gym book series, a regular contributor to MindBodyGreen, a TEDx speaker, and founder of The Shine Movement. Prepare to be inspired to incorporate some of these practices into your own life
- A primer on Vedic Meditation?
- Meditation in modern society?
- Lifestyle Changes That Happen After You Start Meditating?
- The inner gym?
- Concept of the polar bear?
- Tactics to deal with thoughts?
- What do deep meditation experiences feel like?
- A state of enlightenment through Meditating?.
- Mediating in nature vs somewhere more conventional?
- Best experience of mediation?
- How much mediation is planned in advance versus playing and improv?
- Is mediation the central dogma?
- What is possible? If he could go back to his childhood with the knowledge he has now?
- Biggest lessons and of wisdom learned over 15 years?
- Mediation in relation to genes?
- Expanding consciousness through mediation?
- Exploring the inner world through ayahuasca?
- Happiness a journey, or is it a destination/ strategies for strengthening happiness?
- Light brings the podcast to a end with a mediation?
Each week after the podcast we ask the guest for a quick small challenge so that you can take action right away in your life, why not try this out could be a game changer:
- Challenge: Meditate each day for at least 5 minutes, at any point in the day, and write out a list of 5 things you're grateful for immediately after.
This will be an eye-opening experiment. When you do this Challenge, please post a comment or email to let us know how it went.
Typical Morning Routine: Up by 6:30am, meditate, have a green tea, do some stretches, and eat some breakfast.
Most Influential Person: My meditation teacher, Thom Knoles
Inspirational Quote: "Go for what you want, not for what you know you can get." Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
Influential Books or Reads: The Alchemist
- Lights home Mediation Course
- Light Audio Meditation Course
- Lights Retreats
- The Shine Movement: theshinemovement.org
- Begin Meditating: beginmeditating.com
- Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch
- TEDx: Debunking the 5 Most Common Meditation Myths
- YouTube: Light Watkins on How Meditation Works
- What It’s Like To Give a TED Talk by Light Watkins
- MindBodyGreen: Articles By Light Watkins
- MindBodyGreen: 4 Reasons This Meditation Teacher Won’t Do Ayahuasca
- The Inner Gym: A 30-Day Workout for Strengthening Happiness*by Light Watkins
- MindBodyGreen: NYC Is About To Make History With A Mass Meditation In Central Park
CONNECT WITH LIGHT:
Special thanks to Marcus Warner for podcast intro and outro If Elephants Could Fly connect with Marcus at his website marcuswarnermusic.com Please check out his amazing work such a talented young Composer
THANKS FOR LISTENING:
We would really appreciate it if you could leave a rating and review on iTunes. It helps the podcast and will also help us improve quality and continue to bring on amazing guests!
If you liked this post Please Share It With Your Friends, And You Never Know It Might Just Change Somebody Else's Life. Together we can make the world a healthier place!