LISTEN ON ITUNES OR STREAM ABOVE
We are joined by Superhuman crossfit athlete Chris Speller, he was an individual competitor in 7 CrossFit Games, he is a coach. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience in training coaching. A superhuman in fitness and strength
In this episode we discuss some great areas from the mindset of a top athlete, metal practices, building strength, how to push through tough times and challenges, Setting goals, balancing training, work life and family and much more.
- Start Of his journey into training the body and mind
- When he was fully focusing on the games what did his full day training look like,
- What spurned him on, when the urge to quit is so strong?
- Decisive moments
- What separates the best from the rest
- How people in life can find there weekness, attack them and build from them
- Desire to be the best, How does someone become an amazing competitor? How do you gain that competitive instinct? Or do you think its something you are born with?
- How does he go beyond the barriers of pain, when his muscles are screaming no, no, no
- Metal practices
- Balancing, work, training, and family
- What Chris means when he says Training for Life these days..it's a good thing
- Feeling better within your own body
- Journey to 100 pullups
- What the body and mind is made of
- What does a day of training look like now for chris
- Finding that balance of approaching training as a practice
- Considerations for designing training for top performers
- Best ways for building strength?
- Best ways for building a engine?
- The mentality what shapes a world class athlete
- When you think of successful, who comes to mind, and what are the characteristics that make people great?
- What are the biggest fitness mistakes you've made or commonly see?
- Biggest lessons and/or nuggets of wisdom you have learned over the last few years worth mentioning in training, then in life
- If it was the last day on earth and you had to through down a crossfit workout with one person who would it be and why?
OTHER RELATED EPISODES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
Like what you heard? Head over to iTunes now to subscribe to the show, and leave us a rating and review. Want to talk more about this episode, suggest a guest, or offer feedback? Join the conversation on the Ascend Facebook page.
CONNECT WITH chris:
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST:
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Special thanks to Marcus Warner for podcast intro and outro If Elephants Could Fly connect with Marcus at his website marcuswarnermusic.com Please check out his amazing work such a talented young Composer
THANKS FOR LISTENING:
We would really appreciate it if you could leave a rating and review on iTunes. It helps the podcast and will also help us improve quality and continue to bring on amazing guests!
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS PODCAST
Please Share It With Your Friends, And You Never Know It Might Just Change Somebody Else's Life. Together we can make the world a healthier place!