LISTEN ON ITUNES OR STREAM ABOVE
I am suggesting that we recognize that in network and interface research there is something as profound (and potential wild) as Artificial Intelligence. Veroner Vinge
In the near future many futurists are talking about how artificial intelligence could match and then surpass human intelligence. And this makes a very interesting conversation with our boys from Ascend and one of the leading thought provokers on this subject James Barrat. This quickly didn't take long to turn into a very interesting conversation indeed. Because the truth Is we really don't know what will happen. So its certainly a major topic that needs to be addressed, before we go full steam ahead and create a more advanced monkey than us.
So what lies ahead for us all, what is the future that is yet unwritten, what is the beauty or the destruction that can come from embracing this new advanced technological civilisation into our existence
- What drew you to ask these big questions?
- Once we create human like intelligence we won't need to create anything else?
- What will be the stage where the machine, can alter its own code and evolution?
- Can we resist to intelligence? Can embrace technology but not become it?
- Can we actually study AI before we can actually create it?
- Human like intelligence technology or the merging of the man and machine is just the next phase?
- So if machines eventually do get to a point where they transend beyond anything seen before, they solve all the biggest questions in the universe, what is next for them
James Rodman Barrat is an American documentary filmmaker, speaker, and author of the nonfiction book Our Final Invention: Artificial Intelligence and the End of the Human Era.
SUPPORT THE PODCAST
The Ascend Podcast is a Movement of Knowledge and Wisdom For Your Mind, and the show is proudly hosted by Dan Harrison and Chris Hopper. One of our purposes at ASCEND is to consistently challenge the beliefs of the human species to show all of you that you shouldn’t be so certain. For the world is an endlessly complex and mysterious place… The freethinker understands this. The freethinker seeks consistently to expand and refine their worldview, knowing that there is always room for more knowledge and perspective.
TELL YOUR FRIENDS & SHARE ONLINE!
Special thanks to Marcus Warner for podcast intro and outro If Elephants Could Fly connect with Marcus at his website marcuswarnermusic.com Please check out his amazing work such a talented young Composer
THANKS FOR LISTENING:
We would really appreciate it if you could leave a rating and review on iTunes. It helps the podcast and will also help us improve quality and continue to bring on amazing guests!
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS PODCAST
Please Share It With Your Friends, And You Never Know It Might Just Change Somebody Else's Life. Together we can make the world a healthier place!